Wishlist

Joys at camp?

If you have ever worked in northern Alberta, you are probably familiar with camp, in relation to work in the oil sands.  For all you other folks, it’s not hiking and camping in the forest with a fire and some s’mores.  I had heard some (horror) stories in the past, and was a little hesitant … Read More Joys at camp?

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share via Email

Field notes

New multi-skelly photosynth

A collection, for lack of a better word, of skeletons were excavated during the 2011 season of The SVG Public Archaeology Program.  After identifying “a few bones” on the surface, a second, third, fourth, etc. burial was identified in the course of excavation… and this was during our last week there.  This always seems to … Read More New multi-skelly photosynth

Hope to make you think, The business side of things

Inspiration is for amateurs

You know it’s been a busy summer when… you’ve had very little patio time, your skin’s as white as snow, … and when you’re not up to date with swissmiss.  A little over two weeks ago, Andrew Zuckerman’s 99% Conference talk was posted.  If you’re not aware, Andrew Zuckerman is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker, … Read More Inspiration is for amateurs

Field notes, Hope to make you think

Day of Archaeology 2011

July 29, 2011 – what were you doing?  You can find out what over 400 archaeologists around the world were doing, and answer some of those burning questions: 1. What do archaeologists REALLY do?  (My nieces think I “dig for worms and rocks.”) 2. Do they carry whips and guns, and wear funny hats? 3. … Read More Day of Archaeology 2011